CATHOLIC CHARITIES, DIOCESE OF JOLIET
Joy Newburn, Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator
630-495-8008 (Downers Grove Office)
As always, I am available to elaborate on volunteer opportunities and answer any questions.
- We need meals at Kathy Paulsen Hope House. This would be cooking for 20 people. You can also do specialty foods like a Sundae party or Halloween treats.
- One new opportunity is to attend Mobile Food Pantries in DuPage and Will and give out resources for our participants. Commitment is 2-6 hours a month. These Mobile events are very fun.
- We are gearing up for Christmas. We need people interested in making calls to register people for our Holiday Outreach Program in DuPage. These volunteers could call from their home or here at the office. They would assist clients in filling out the registration form. Some bilingual people would be extra appreciated. This will begin as early as September 16th.
- We are also in need of cleaning supplies in DuPage and hygiene items in DuPage and Will. Hope House needs:
Ziploc Bags (gallon freezer size)
Ziploc Bags (sandwich size)
Plastic gloves to serve food
Razors and shaving cream
Shampoo (large bottle)
Conditioner (large bottle)
- Another way to give is through https://giveth.net/ From this site you can donate meals to our clients in Joliet. Just click "Gift a meal" then select one of the following restaurants: Niko's Pizzeria, Jody's Hot Dogs, and Taquerias Atotonilco. You need to select Catholic Charities as the "Ministry and Community Center". We will get cards to give to clients to receive a free meal.